This week we will continue work on the Alison Watt inspired painting. We will set up individual painting areas where the large crescent board will be hung. Students will finish up the rough sketches based on their own unique fabric folds. We will discuss which of the sketches has the best possibilities and then begin sketching it out on the large board. We will also begin work on a value study scale and the decision of which color palettes to use for their painting. Once that has been done, students will begin laying down a base layer and then start building up the layers of paint.
DATES AND DEADLINES:
- MONDAY, OCTOBER 23rd: Sketchbook Assignment #1 of the 2nd quarter is DUE. Also there is an Open Studio from 6-8 (with the possibility of starting at 5-please listen to 6th period announcements on Monday)
- TUESDAY, OCTOBER 24th: The annual Mercy and Elder Art Club Halloween Party will be held from6-8:30 at Mercy High School. Art Club members, current and former Art students are invited. There will be lots of frights, tons of treats, pizza, a hair raising movie, and a costume contest open to all. $2 admission covers everything including dinner! Sign up sheet is in the Art Room. Please sign up before Z lunch on Monday. Don't miss this final year of scares in the Mercy basement at this awesome event! If you are attending, please enter through the Tech Wing entrance off of Epworth Avenue.
- WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 25th: Open Studio from 1:20-4:30 in the Art Room
- MONDAY, OCTOBER 30th: Poster Club in the Art Room from after school until 4 or 4:30. ARTISTS ARE DESPERATELY NEEDED!!!
- FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 3rd: Sketchbook Assignment #2 is DUE
- THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 9th: Volunteers are needed to work in the Art Room during Open House. See Mrs. Plagge for more information
- THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 23rd: Art Club will be face painting at the Annual Price Hill Thanksgiving Day Parade. More specific information will be coming. See Mrs. Plagge if you would like to help out. It is a great way to get service hours.