On Monday, I will finish up the presentation for the Semester Project. I will allow students to pick their poem and begin research on what artist they would like to work with to find inspiration. I will put the information from the handout on the link following this weekly update.
Students will be able to continue research for the Semester Project on Tuesday or continue working on their large scale painting. The painting project will be worked on simultaneously with a new project that I will introduce after Thanksgiving break. The painting needs to be finished by THURSDAY, DEC. 7th.
DATES AND DEADLINES:
- THURSDAY, NOV. 23rd: Art Club will be Face Painting at the Price Hill Thanksgiving Day Parade. Times are approximately 9:30 am until noon. Please see Mrs. Plagge if you can help out or would like more specific information.
- TUESDAY, NOV. 28th: Poster Club and you will need to show Mrs. Plagge a copy of another poem if you find it more interesting by this date.
- WEDNESDAY, NOV. 29th: DEADLINE to know which artist you would like to find inspiration from that would illustrate your poem best.
- FRIDAY, DEC. 1st: Sketchbook #3 DUE
- NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, DEC. 1st: To do initial research and to decide if that is the poem and the artist you want to use for your Semester Project.
- AFTER THANKSGIVING: I will meet with all of you individually to look at your sketch for the composition and go over any questions about media, size, or artist. I will let you know in advance when your time will be. You do not need to wait to talk to me. I would be glad to meet with you whenever you are ready.
- THURSDAY, DEC. 7th: Large Scale Painting DUE
- THURSDAY, DECEMBER 21st: Art and Poetry Semester Project DUE