On Tuesday we will begin work with creating 10 different bases using ripped pieces of paper and chalk pastels and/or paint. These pieces will either become their own individual piece or the base for a printmaking piece. Students will be asked to create at least one individual piece and at least one printmaking piece. Students will have all week to create the 10 pieces AND/OR work on their large scale painting. I really would like the students to do quite a bit of experimentation with color and texture.
DATES AND DEADLINES:
- TUESDAY, NOV. 28th: Poster Club and you will need to show Mrs. Plagge a copy of another poem if you find it more interesting by this date. **UNOFFICIAL OPEN STUDIO AFTER SCHOOL UNTIL 4:30 IN THE ART ROOM**
- WEDNESDAY, NOV. 29th: DEADLINE to know which artist you would like to find inspiration from that would illustrate your poem best. ** OPEN STUDIO FROM 6:30-8:30 pm IN THE ART ROOM**
- FRIDAY, DEC. 1st: Sketchbook #3 DUE
- NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, DEC. 1st: To do initial research and to decide if that is the poem and the artist you want to use for your Semester Project.
- AFTER THANKSGIVING: I will meet with all of you individually to look at your sketch for the composition and go over any questions about media, size, or artist. I will let you know in advance when your time will be. You do not need to wait to talk to me. I would be glad to meet with you whenever you are ready.
- MONDAY, DECEMBER 4th: NO SCHOOL b/c of Teacher in service
- THURSDAY, DEC. 7th: Large Scale Painting DUE
- FRIDAY, DEC. 15th: Sketchbook # 4 (and final) DUE
- THURSDAY, DECEMBER 21st: Art and Poetry Semester Project DUE