- These sketches are an interpretation of the prompt and media used in their completion is up to you.
- Each sketch should be worked on for more than a half-hour.
- They could be hand drawn, digitally created, or even done with collage.
- You will be required to do 8 of the 15 sketchbook prompts listed below. You may choose which prompts you would like to do.
- The Due Dates for the assignments are listed below the prompts.
· You may always work ahead and are encouraged to add additional writings, drawings and inspiration in the sketchbook or even do more than the 8 required for the semester.
1) Draw a masked man or woman that is not a superhero
2) Draw a family portrait. PLOT TWIST: Instead of drawing the people, draw an item that represents everyone in your family like in a still life
3) Draw an animal eating another animal
4) Draw a dead bird in a beautiful landscape
5) Draw the ingredients or process of your favorite recipe
6) Draw the interior of a mechanical object. Zoom in, focus on details and shading
7) Draw an object with an interesting texture: wood grain, floors, tiles, walls, fabric, etc.
8) Draw your favorite well-loved object or childhood toy
9) Draw an interesting object from three different angles
10) Draw whatever is in your pocket or book bag using one continuous line
11) Do several studies of eyes, noses, and mouths in a variety of poses
12) Draw an object floating
13) Make a drawing that looks sticky
14) Draw a mysterious doorway or staircase
15) Draw a gumball machine that dispenses anything except gumballs
DUE DATES: 8/25, 9/8, 9/22, 10/6, 10/20, 11/3, 12/1, 12/15