This week we will be finishing up the "Text as Texture" project. They are coming along beautifully, however, there are a number of students who still have quite a bit left to do. The compositions will be due at the end of the period on Thursday. If a student is not finished, they may bring it home Thursday night and turn it in at the beginning of the class on Friday.
They received their 3rd Quarter Sketchbook Assignments today. You will find that information below the deadlines. The first Sketchbook Assignment will be due TUES., FEB. 2nd.
DEADLINES AND DATES TO KNOW:
- THURSDAY, JAN. 28th: "Text as Texture" composition is DUE at the end of the period. If more time is needed, it may be taken home Thursday night and turned in Friday at the beginning of class.
- TUESDAY, FEB. 2nd: Sketchbook Assignment #1 is DUE
- SATURDAY, JAN. 30th: Elder is participating in an art show with Walnut Hills at the Pendleton Art Center/ Studios@510. The show will be open for "Final Friday", 6-10, on the 29th and on Saturday from 11-3. Saturday will be the official high school show opening. Join us in celebrating our artist's creative work.
Art 1 Sketchbook Assignments for the 3rd Quarter
If you finish what we are currently working on in class, you are to pick one or more of the drawing assignments below and work on them (ideally) in your sketchbook.
Everyone will have to pick 4 to turn in by the end of the 3rd quarter. You will receive deadlines. Any additional assignments finished will be considered extra credit.
Remember to create a strong finished composition using the whole of your sketchbook page.
- The Year of the Monkey starts February 8th, 2016 in the Chinese New Year. Create a composition or sculpture that incorporates a monkey image using any media.
- Find out what your Chinese Zodiac sign is and then create a combination of your animal with the monkey using whatever media that works best for your composition.
- Open a dictionary at random and, closing your eyes, pick a word. Do this three times so you end up with three words. Create a composition that connects all three words- it doesn’t matter if it is realistic or not! Use the best media for your composition.
- Create a pattern and then repeat it so that it fills up a whole page in your sketchbook. The repetition should create movement throughout the whole page. Media is your choice.
- Write out the lyrics to your favorite song. Incorporate those lyrics into a composition that will illustrate the song.
- Juxtaposition Drawing: Create a new object by combining 2 unrelated objects-one needs to be from nature, the other needs to be mechanical. Render with full shading. Media: colored pencil
- Draw a picture of your pet or the pet you would LOVE to have. Media is your choice.