I began looking at Mask sketches on Friday. I still have a few to get through on Monday. I saw some really creative materials and ideas. I am very excited about the possibilities! PLEASE if your son (or you) needs help with any materials have them see me or email me as soon as possible so they can get working. Remember, this project counts for 200 points. I plan on having at least 2 Open Studios over the next two weeks, so students will be able to come in and work on their masks in the Art room if they would like too. The first Open Studio is scheduled for THURSDAY the 13th from 6:30-9:00pm in the Art room. The second will be the week of the 17th-21st. I still need to find a day and time that will work for the majority of students. I would like to have this one after school. I will update the website by the end of the week.
Students started work on using different types of drawing pencils last week. They are finishing up a worksheet on using those pencils. The worksheets are DUE by the end of the period on TUESDAY (the 11th).
The next step in the process is drawing their hand in their sketchbook. We will go over different techniques on how to do that. The Hand sketches will be DUE by the end of the period on FRIDAY (the 14th). They will then begin research on Surrealism. This will give them ideas on how they can go about making their Handscape drawings.
DATES AND DEADLINES:
1) TUESDAY, OCT. 11th: Drawing pencil worksheet DUE by the end of the period
2) THURSDAY, OCT. 13th: OPEN STUDIO in the Art Room from 6:30-9:00pm
3) FRIDAY, OCT. 14th: 3 Sketches of your Hand DUE by the end of the period
4) WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 26th: Mask Project DUE and Halloween Party with Mercy's Art Club at Mercy. SEE NEWS AND EVENTS tab for more specific information about the Mercy party.
5) FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28th: First Quarter ends...Anything you would like to rework needs to be handed in by class time on FRIDAY the 28th.
6) Also, if you have the opportunity to stop by the Westwood Library, 11 of the students have their Altered Book Projects on display until October 28th.