The students are finishing up their Colored Pencil Animal Eye drawings this week. They have chosen a frame for their piece and will be assembling it over the next 2 days. On Wednesday, we will have the evaluation and critique on the project. They have done a wonderful job with learning how to use colored pencils in order to create shading, texture and form. They have, hopefully, discovered that colored pencils can do more than just fill in a space!
On Thursday, I will be introducing the Mid-Term Exam project. They will have time on Friday and 1 or 2 days next week to start research and begin sketches. I hope to introduce matting before we leave for break. If we do not have time, I will introduce it one of the first days back after break. They will need to mat their Mid-Term Exam. I plan on having a few open studios when we come back from break to enable the students to do some of the work at school.
DATES AND DEADLINES:
1) TUESDAY, DEC. 13th: Colored Pencil Animal Eye Piece DUE at the end of the period
2) WEDNESDAY, DEC. 14th: Critique and Evaluation of Colored Pencil Animal Eye piece
3) FRIDAY, DEC. 16th: Sketchbook Assignment #3 is DUE (the last one of the quarter) ***(for Periods 3 and 4)
4) MONDAY, DEC. 19th: Sketchbook Assignment #3 is DUE for Period 1
AND The Annual Art Club Christmas Party!! It will be held in the Art Room from 6-8:30pm. Food, drinks, and snacks will be provided. Viewing of the annual Christmas movie will begin around 6:45.
5) TUESDAY, DEC. 20th: Question/ Problem/ Sketch Day for the Mid-Term Exam
6) WEDNESDAY, DEC. 21st: All Art 1 students need to know their letter and their artist for their mid-term exam. They need to be written on the sheet on the white board BEFORE you leave for Christmas.
7) WEDNESDAY, JAN. 4th: Question/ Problem/ Sketch Day for the Mid-Term Exam
8) EXAMS: Period 1: WEDNESDAY, Jan. 11th, 7:50-10:15 Period 3: THURSDAY, Jan. 12th, 10:20-1:15 Period 4: THURSDAY, Jan. 12th, 10:20-1:15