On Tuesday this week we will continue to look at more slides of past Elder Bonanza projects to help serve as inspiration for Bonanza 2016. Over the next couple of weeks I will show either singular artist works or short videos at the beginning of most classes to continue the idea process for the Bonanza. There will be no more sketchbook assignments for the 4th quarter. The homework required of students will now be the Bonanza project.
Wednesday through Friday of this week will be the last working days for the Fauvism Self Portrait paintings. If more time is needed the paintings may be taken home over the weekend. We will have a critique on Monday, April 4th.
The Catholic High School Art Show continues at The Flats Gallery until April 8th. For more information about Gallery Hours please see the News and Events section of this website.
UPCOMING DATES AND DEADLINES:
- MONDAY, APRIL 4th: Fauvism Self Portrait Painting DUE at the beginning of class
- WEDNESDAY, APRIL 13th: Sketches for Bonanza DUE. The sketches MUST have dimensions, materials, colors, any important features along with a drawing of the piece.
- WEDNESDAY, MAY 18th: PRE-BONANZA NIGHT- You may drop off your Bonanza on this night from 6-8 pm.
- THURSDAY, MAY 19th: BONANZA DAY! All Bonanza pieces are to be brought in, except for Big Head Sculptures and pieces too big to fit in the Wrestling Gym (Mrs. Plagge has to have been told about these pieces PRIOR to Bonanza Day). Your Bonanza is your EXAM, make sure it is here on time!
- SUNDAY, MAY 22nd: Art Show from 1-4 pm.