This week we will continue with the Handscape project. Students will finish up 3 different views of their hand in their sketchbook by the end of the class period on WEDNESDAY, OCT. 25th. The goal is to draw a realistic hand with good structure and proportion.
We will be finishing up a Surrealism Research Activity on Monday that related directly to the research that students did last week on 4 different Surrealist artists. The hope is that researching those artists' work will help give them added inspiration for their own Handscape project.
Students will begin laying out their idea for the Handscape project on the actual paper by midweek. On Friday I will demonstrate how to shade in order to create three dimensionality on an object. We will do an exercise to help practice with shading before going into their real piece.
DATES AND DEADLINES:
- MONDAY, OCTOBER 23rd: Open Studio from 6-8 (with the possibility of starting at 5-please listen to 6th period announcements on Monday)
- TUESDAY, OCTOBER 24th: The annual Mercy and Elder Art Club Halloween Party will be held from6-8:30 at Mercy High School. Art Club members, current and former Art students are invited. There will be lots of frights, tons of treats, pizza, a hair raising movie, and a costume contest open to all. $2 admission covers everything including dinner! Sign up sheet is in the Art Room. Please sign up before Z lunch on Monday. Don't miss this final year of scares in the Mercy basement at this awesome event! If you are attending, please enter through the Tech Wing entrance off of Epworth Avenue.
- WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 25th: Open Studio from 1:20-4:30 in the Art Room. This will be the LAST Open Studio before the Mask project is DUE. ALSO: I will collect everyone's Sketchbook to look over 3 Hand drawings.
- MONDAY, OCTOBER 30th: MASK PROJECT is DUE!! This project is worth 200 points. Every day that it would be late will cost 10 points off of the final grade. ALSO: Poster Club in the Art Room from after school until 4 or 4:30. ARTISTS ARE DESPERATELY NEEDED!!!
- THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 9th: Volunteers are needed to work in the Art Room during Open House. See Mrs. Plagge for more information
- THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 23rd: Art Club will be face painting at the Annual Price Hill Thanksgiving Day Parade. More specific information will be coming. See Mrs. Plagge if you would like to help out. It is a great way to get service hours.