MASK PROJECTS are coming in on MONDAY!!! This is one of my favorite days of the year! I have only seen sketches and talked about different possibilities for the creation of the masks and now get to see it all come to fruition. Stay tuned for pictures of the masks. I should have them up by the end of the week.
On Tuesday we will be going to Carson School to visit the kindergarten and 1st grade classes with our masks. This is always a really great day because the students get to see smaller kids' reactions to what they have made. It is always a great experience for both our students and for the students of Carson.
On Wednesday students will be filling out their evaluations for their Mask project. This was a really big project that is worth 200 points, so the evaluation is a major part of that grade as well.
On Thursday we will get back to work on our Handscape project. I demonstrated shading techniques last Thursday and students were given a worksheet to practice those techniques before going into their Handscape drawing with it. The Shading worksheets will be DUE THURSDAY at the end of class.
The DUE DATE for the Handscape project will be WEDNESDAY, NOV. 8th.
DATES AND DEADLINES:
- MONDAY, OCTOBER 30th: MASK PROJECT is DUE!! This project is worth 200 points. Every day that it would be late will cost 10 points off of the final grade. ALSO: Poster Club in the Art Room from after school until 4 or 4:30. ARTISTS ARE DESPERATELY NEEDED!!!
- THURSDAY, NOV. 2nd: Shading worksheets are DUE
- WEDNESDAY, NOV. 8th: Handscapes are DUE
- THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 9th: Volunteers are needed to work in the Art Room during Open House. See Mrs. Plagge for more information
- THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 23rd: Art Club will be face painting at the Annual Price Hill Thanksgiving Day Parade. More specific information will be coming. See Mrs. Plagge if you would like to help out. It is a great way to get service hours.