I wanted to say a huge thank you to all the students who came out to help face paint on Thanksgiving morning at St. Lawrence!! I know the Price Hill community really appreciates your time and talents!
Please check out the creative Handscape drawings made by the Fundamentals class this quarter on the Student Work tab. They did a great job learning how to use certain pencils, how to shade, how to draw hands and then creatively incorporate the hand or hands into a surrealist inspired piece.
Starting this week we will begin work on a colored pencil project. I will demonstrate how to use colored pencils correctly on Monday and then students will be working on a handout that will be due by the end of the class period on Thursday (11/30). On Friday, I will introduce the Colored Pencil project.
We will have Open Studio, at minimum, once a week until the end of the semester so students can take advantage of working in the Art room for their Semester Project (which is DUE 12/20).
DATES AND DEADLINES:
- TUESDAY, NOV. 28th: Poster Club and "Question/Problem/Sketch Days" for the Semester Project: Be prepared to talk about what you are doing for your project (Sketches or Photographs are a good idea) **ALSO AN UNOFFICIAL OPEN STUDIO UNTIL 4:30**
- WEDNESDAY, NOV. 29th: 2nd Day of the "Question/Problem/Sketch Days" for the Semester Project: Be prepared to talk about what you are doing for your project (Sketches or Photographs are a good idea) **OPEN STUDIO FROM 6:30-8:30 pm IN THE ART ROOM**
- THURSDAY, NOV. 30th: Colored Pencil Handout is DUE at the end of the class period
- MONDAY, DEC. 4th: NO SCHOOL b/c of teacher in service
- WEDNESDAY, DEC. 20th: Semester Still Life Project is DUE at the beginning of class