We began work last week with getting to know how to use colored pencils in a more advanced way. On Friday I introduced the Colored Pencil Animal Eye Project. Students will begin work on this piece starting Tuesday. Below are the steps for the project:
- You will decide what animal, insect, bird, reptile or fish you would like to draw.
- Look for an eye that would be interesting because of texture, color or even pattern since you will be magnifying that area.
- If you find a picture on the internet, you need to SAVE that picture and then send it to me… email@example.com
- I will print the picture out for you so you have a paper copy as well as on your computer.
- If the picture is not already magnified on the eye area you will need to create a frame around it so you know what area you will be drawing.
- Pick a frame that will determine the size and shape of your paper.
- Then you start to draw. You will begin putting the colors onto the paper. Remember to start light and then to get darker as you go along.
- Change in value and Shading will be extremely important in order to show the textures and colors of the animal.
- BLEND AND LAYER
Students will work on this project all week in class. There may be some time that they may work on their Semester Project. I will let the students know the day before so they can be prepared with needed materials.
There will be two Open Studios this week for any student who would like to work on either the Semester Project or the Colored Pencil Project. The first will be TUESDAY, DEC. 5th from 2:30 until 4:00. The second will be on WEDNESDAY, DEC. 6th from 6:00-8:30 pm. Both will be in the Art room.
There will be additional Open Studios announced by the end of this week for the week of Dec. 11th.
DATES AND DEADLINES:
- MONDAY, DEC. 4th: NO SCHOOL b/c of teacher in service
- TUESDAY, DEC. 5th: Open Studio from 2:30 until 4:00 in the Art Room
- WEDNESDAY, DEC. 6th: Open Studio from 6:00-8:30 in the Art Room. Also early dismissal for Freshmen to meet with their advisors at 1:50.
- MONDAY, DEC. 11th: Poster Club in the Art room from 2:30 until 4:00 (or however long you can stay)
- THURSDAY, DEC. 14th: Elder Food and Toy Drive: VOLUNTEER to help deliver boxes!
- FRIDAY, DEC. 15th: Savannah College of Art and Design visits the Art Room during 3rd period. Any student who is not in 3rd period, but would like to attend the presentation must see Mrs. Plagge before Friday to get a permission slip that must be signed by your 3rd period teacher and a parent. **ALSO, the Scholastic Art Competition deadline
- MONDAY. DEC. 18th: Art Club Christmas Party. It will be held in the evening. More information to follow.
- WEDNESDAY, DEC. 20th: Semester Still Life Project is DUE at the beginning of class