Printing officially finished at the end of the day last Friday. Students will assemble their print portfolios Monday morning. We will be doing one more creative activity with some of their extra prints during the period on Monday as well to wrap up the experimental portion of their project. They will have the class period and Monday evening to put together this last print. On Tuesday we will do an evaluation paper and have a class critique.
PRINTMAKING CHECKLIST TO TURN IN AT THE END OF THE PROJECT (Please note: These are MINIMUM requirements. You can ALWAYS turn in more):
1) Linoleum Plate
2) 1 Black Ink Proof
3) ONE Clean Black Ink Prints on white paper (Not your Proof) that is signed. I will show you how to correctly sign them when everyone is finished. (This print will be from the press, not hand pressed with a baren)
4) Minimum of 2 Experimental Prints (We will discuss what makes print experimental)
5) 1 Experimental print that has been cut up and reassembled (Could be from 1 print or multiple prints) Made during class in Monday-DUE TUESDAY
On Wednesday we will begin work in groups on construction of their Big Heads for the wrestling match that will be held during the Art Show on May 14th. Students will have one week to construct the heads.
DATES AND DEADLINES:
1) MONDAY, MAY 1st: Printmaking Portfolio is DUE
2) WEDNESDAY, MAY 3rd: Open Studio in the Art room from 4:30-8:30. Come and work on your Bonanza piece...REMEMBER, only 6 days until Bonanza Day!!! Only ONE more weekend.
*Begin work on Big Head Construction in class
3) WEDNESDAY, MAY 10th: Pre-Bonanza Night. Bonanza pieces can be dropped off between 6-8 pm directly in the volleyball gym.
4) THURSDAY, MAY 11th: BONANZA DAY!! All Bonanzas need to be turned in by this date.
5) SUNDAY, MAY 14th: Art Show from 1-4 in the Volleyball/ Wrestling gym.