Work continues this week on the linoleum block print. A number of students have already started pulling proofs from their blocks and are continuing to revise them. We will only have 2 class days this week due to the Freshmen Retreat on Wednesday and Easter break Thursday and Friday. My goal is to have all students finished with cutting by the end of the period on Tuesday. That way when we get back from break we can start with the final prints and then experimental ones.
I introduced the Bonanza project on Friday. I will continue showing examples of past projects and professional artists that will hopefully help give inspiration for the project. The Bonanza project is the Final exam. Deadlines and information for it will be in the following post.
DATES AND DEADLINES:
1) TUESDAY, APRIL 11th: Finish Cutting Linoleum Block
2) TUESDAY, APRIL 18th: Bonanza Sketch DUE. Make sure you have a sketch of your Bonanza, size estimation, list of materials and any specifics about the piece.
3) WEDNESDAY, MAY 10th: Pre-Bonanza Night. Bonanza pieces can be dropped off between 6-8 pm directly in the volleyball gym.
4) THURSDAY, MAY 11th: BONANZA DAY!! All Bonanzas need to be turned in by this date.
5) SUNDAY, MAY 14th: Art Show from 1-4 in the Volleyball/ Wrestling gym.