Well, you made it through the first two weeks of school! And we have begun our first big project-the Altered Book Project. Most students have come up with a plan and have started work on altering their book. There's a lot going on in the Art room. It's really very exciting!
We will take a short break from the Book project on Monday to discuss the creativity exercises that students completed over the last two weeks. We will see how they relate to the Altered Book project that they are currently working on.
Tuesday through Friday will be work days for the Book project. The tentative deadline for the project will be next Wednesday, Sept. 6th. As the week progresses I will set that deadline definitively.
I will also go over the Sketchbook assignments for the quarter towards the end of the week.
DATES AND DEADLINES:
1) WEDNESDAY, AUG. 30th: Schedule #2- Advisee meeting at the end of the day
2) FRIDAY, SEPT. 1st: First Pep Rally of the school year
3) TUESDAY, SEPT. 5th: Poster Club meeting in the Art room after school until 3:30 or 4
4) WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 6th: Tentative Deadline for the Altered Book Project
5) FRIDAY, SEPT. 8th: All art supplies in a box are DUE in the Art room
6) TUESDAY, SEPT. 12th: First Art Club meeting of the year after school in the Art room