We will continue working on strong controlled contour lines on Monday with our Line Handout exercise. All students should be finished with it by Tuesday at the beginning of class. After this warm up exercise, we will continue with contour lines by introducing change in line weight. Students will pick a design pattern from a collection that we have and then use weighted contour lines to recreate that pattern. This drawing will be DUE at the beginning of class on FRIDAY, SEPT. 22nd. I will then start introducing how line and pattern can create form.
Students will receive grades on their Altered Book projects this week. I am sorry for the delay. I have also taken images of all the book projects, but have been unable to upload them to the website because of a problem with my photo program on my computer. Hopefully, it will get fixed soon and I will upload those images. The students did a fantastic job with them! I also have news on a display of some of the book projects. The Westwood Library would like us to display some of the books during the month of November. As soon as I know more information I will certainly pass it on.
Another note about the sketchbook assignments that were due last week. I told the students that overall these sketchbooks were the best first assignments that I have seen in quite a number of years. I was really impressed with the effort and creativity that was shown. I can't wait to see what more they are going to do!
DATES AND DEADLINES:
1) MONDAY, SEPT. 18th: Poster Club will be meeting in the Art Room after school until around 4:00. Come Join Us!
2) TUESDAY, SEPT. 19th: Line Handout DUE at the beginning of class
3) WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 20th: Schedule #2 (Sophomores meet with advisors at 1:49)
4) FRIDAY, SEPT. 22nd: Weighted Contour Line Design DUE at the beginning of class on FRIDAY.
5) TUESDAY, SEPT. 26th: Sketchbook Assignment #2 DUE