This week in class we will be going fully into working on Concentration. We will discuss some of the elements that make a strong concentration. As we are now in the 2nd quarter, I have initiated a more dedicated deadline for Concentration pieces. Below are the deadlines for each Concentration piece (Most are Wednesdays with one exception):
- November 1st
- November 8th
- November 15th
- Tuesday, November 21st
- December 6th
- December 13th
- December 20th
By the end of the 2nd quarter, you should have, at minimum, 7 finished Concentration pieces. This will be in addition to all the sketchbook assignments that you have and will be working on throughout the semester. Hopefully, this will give you a strong base going into the 2nd semester.
DATES AND DEADLINES:
- MONDAY, OCTOBER 23rd: Sketchbook Assignment #1 of the 2nd quarter is DUE. Also there is an Open Studio from 6-8 (with the possibility of starting at 5-please listen to 6th period announcements on Monday)
- TUESDAY, OCTOBER 24th: The annual Mercy and Elder Art Club Halloween Party will be held from6-8:30 at Mercy High School. Art Club members, current and former Art students are invited. There will be lots of frights, tons of treats, pizza, a hair raising movie, and a costume contest open to all. $2 admission covers everything including dinner! Sign up sheet is in the Art Room. Please sign up before Z lunch on Monday. Don't miss this final year of scares in the Mercy basement at this awesome event! If you are attending, please enter through the Tech Wing entrance off of Epworth Avenue.
- WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 25th: Open Studio from 1:20-4:30 in the Art Room
- FRIDAY, OCTOBER 27th: Sketchbook Assignment #2 is DUE
- MONDAY, OCTOBER 30th: Poster Club in the Art Room from after school until 4 or 4:30. ARTISTS ARE DESPERATELY NEEDED!!!
- THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 9th: Volunteers are needed to work in the Art Room during Open House. See Mrs. Plagge for more information
- THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 23rd: Art Club will be face painting at the Annual Price Hill Thanksgiving Day Parade. More specific information will be coming. See Mrs. Plagge if you would like to help out. It is a great way to get service hours.