AP Studio Art (1st period) Mrs. Plagge
- These sketches are an interpretation of the prompt and media used in their completion is up to you.
- Each sketch should be worked on for more than a half-hour.
- They could be hand drawn, digitally created, or even done with collage.
- Consider using media that will help improve your Breadth section or even your Concentration.
- Each week your sketchbook will be collected.
- You may always work ahead and are encouraged to add additional writings, drawings and inspiration in the sketchbook.
Complete the following sketchbook assignments by the specified date.
PROMPTS: DUE DATE:
1) Draw a masked man or woman that is not a superhero 8/25
2) Draw a family portrait. PLOT TWIST: Instead of drawing 9/1
the people, draw an item that represents everyone in your
family like a still life
3) Draw an animal eating another animal 9/8
4) Draw a dead bird in a beautiful landscape 9/15
5) Draw the ingredients or process of your favorite recipe 9/22
6) Draw the interior of a mechanical object. Zoom in, focus 9/29
on details and shading
7) Draw an object with an interesting texture: wood grain, 10/6
Floors, tiles, walls, fabric, etc.
8) Draw your favorite well-loved object or childhood toy 10/13
9) Draw an interesting object from three different angles 10/20
10) Draw whatever is in your pocket or book bag using one 10/27
11) Do several studies of eyes, noses, and mouths in a variety 11/3
12) Draw an object floating 11/17
13) Make a drawing that looks sticky 12/1
14) Draw a mysterious doorway or staircase 12/8
15) Draw a gumball machine that dispenses anything except 12/15