This week we will continue work on our new project introduced last week: Spirit Animal Drawing. All sketches should be finished by Tuesday at the end of the period. I will demonstrate oil pastel techniques Tuesday so that the students will be able to start to incorporate the color and texture of their chosen spirit animal onto their pencil drawn self portrait.
The process of the drawing is as follows below:
- Choose what animal you will use
- Make 2-3 sketches of your chosen animal in your sketchbook with at least ONE in color.
- Students will need to decide how their chosen animal will be incorporated into or onto their own self portrait.
- The combined image will be sketched out onto a 12" x 18" piece of colored pencil.
- The animal will be made using oil pastels.
DATES AND DEADLINES:
MONDAY, MARCH 21st: Sketchbook assignment DUE: Draw something with wings (You need to use color)
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 23rd: End of the 3rd Quarter
MARCH 11th-APRIL 8th: Catholic High Schools Art Exhibition at the Flats Gallery. More information on Gallery hours and location in the NEWS AND EVENTS section.