2016 Summer Program
ArtWorks, Cincinnati’s award-winning visual arts organization and the largest employer of visual artists in the region, is looking to fill positions for its summer program.
45+ professional artists and 200+ youth Apprentices will be hired to paint 12 community murals, complete 250 capes for children facing hardships, assist with a enterprise-driven project and more.
We are looking for talent in the following categories:
Painting – Drawing – Photography – Art Therapy – Sewing – Graphic Design – Creative Enterprise
As an ArtWorks youth Apprentice, you get to:
- Work with and learn from the most amazing local professional artists and art educators
- Meet + Collaborate with professional and teen artists to create multitudes of work that will transform our region
- Gain professional skills like public speaking, time management, teamwork, problem solving and leadership
- Build your resume and portfolio
- Get to do what you love while building a network of support
Who we’re looking for:
As an ArtWorks youth Apprentice, you’ll need:
- To be at least 14 years of age
- Have a love of art and a portfolio to back it up
- Enjoy the sunshine and fresh air (a majority of our projects spend a lot of time outside)
- Be open to making new friends from all diverse and different backgrounds
- Want to challenge yourself and build new skills
- Love Cincinnati (we do and we hope you do too)
- Want to have an awesome summer job while getting to make ART!
- Want to get paid, but have the documentation to get hired (a picture ID, social security card and/or birth certificate are a must). All apprentices earn minimum wage, which is currently $8.10/ hour.
What we ask:
As an ArtWorks Apprentice, you’ll need to be able to commit to the following:
- To start work June 13th for 4-8 weeks depending on the project you’re assigned
- To be an early riser and work Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m.
- Have a way to get to work each day, whether by bus, car or walking
- To be one of 200 awesome Apprentices
- To attend an interview at the Contemporary Arts Center 609 Walnut Street, March 12 or 13, 2016.
- All of our Apprentices make at least $8.10/hour (minimum wage)
- Summer 2016 project descriptions are available on the website (please note all projects are subject to change)
- Most projects will last 4-8 weeks starting on or around June 13th, 2016
- If hired, mandatory orientation will be June 13th, 2016
- All applicants will be notified by early May if they have been hired. Please, no phone calls.