Now Hiring: 2017 Apprentice & Teaching Artist Positions
Applications due in February. Interviews in March.
Transform Your City.
ArtWorks is a local nonprofit with a mission to transform people and places through investments in creativity. Today, we’re the largest employer of visual artists in Greater Cincinnati earning national attention for our public murals and local acclaim as CityBeat’s 2016 “Best Opportunities for Local Artists.”
Annually, we offer over 200 paid summer and afterschool arts-based job training and creative opportunities for Greater Cincinnati youth (ages 14-21) and professional teaching artists/creatives.
Transform Your Future.
This isn’t your average job. ArtWorks Apprentices train under the guidance of professional teaching artists and work side-by-side with other local youth to create public art and community impact projects. The majority of available jobs are in painting. Projects can also include:
- Illustration, Digital Imaging, Drawing, Photography, Art Therapy, Sewing, Pattern Making & Graphic Design
Get Started: Apprentices (Ages 14-21)
ArtWorks is hiring passionate, young artists (must be between the ages of 14 – 21) who are eager to create art, make a difference in the city, work in diverse teams and build new skills. Apprentice wages start at $8.15. The majority or our projects start on or around June 5, 2017 and last for 4 – 8 weeks. Please note: In observance of 4th of July, there will be an unpaid, summer break week from July 3rd – 7th during which no project work will take place.
A typical project schedule is from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Monday – Friday. Additional year-round after-school employment opportunities are available.
- Fill out an application (online is encouraged but a printable PDF application is available) and all required application forms (listed at the bottom of this page).
- Get your graphite pencil out! Show us your skills by completing 3 drawing tests and selecting art samples (please limit to 3 to showcase at your interview).
- Sign up for an interview time from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. on Saturday, March 18 and Sunday, March 19 at the Contemporary Arts Center (44 E. 6th Street, 45202) here: http://artworkscincinnati.appointy.com/
- If you have a conflict and are unable to interview on this weekend, please email or call 513.333.3616.
Important dates: Applications due 3/3
Please do not call to inquire about the status of your application. All applicants will be notified by employment decisions by mid-May.