Elder Fundamentals of Art Supply List (2019-2020)
The supplies are DUE in the Art Room by Friday, Sept. 6th
1) Art Box (with a lock): Most supplies will be kept in this box. (This can be a fishing tackle box or even a file box that can be locked) ** I do NOT recommend a key lock, because keys get lost very easily
2) Portfolio: You can buy one OR your son will have the option of making one himself by taping/attaching 2 pieces of cardboard or poster board together. I will allow students time during the first couple of weeks of school to make them. I will have the supplies in the Art Room that would be needed. *** The Portfolio should be able to fit a piece of paper that is 18” x 24” without folding it.
3) Sketchbook: preferably one with a spiral binding- Any size between 8 ½” x 11” and 11” x 14”
4) Drawing pencils: (At least 3 different kinds: Some examples are: 2B, 4B, 6B, HB, 4H, 6H, EE) They are often sold in sets. The Art Dept. will provide Ebony pencils which we will use primarily in the beginning.
5) Small Handheld Pencil Sharpener
6) Kneaded eraser OR Gum Eraser
7) Rubber Cement
8) X-acto Knife: an extra pack of blades may be needed during the year
9) Set of colored pencils: or a good mix of colors combined from extra colored pencils
10) Set of Markers: Crayola or another cheaper brand is fine
11) 2 Fine Point Black Sharpie Markers
12) Minimum of 3 Paint Brushes: One Small (Fine tip), One Medium and One Large (wider fan or flat)
13) Set of Acrylic paints: At minimum: Red, Blue, Yellow, Black, and White
14) Oil Pastels: Set of 10 or more
15) Masking tape
AND ANY OTHER THINGS THAT YOU CAN THINK OF TO MAKE ART WITH!!!!!
**The supplies DO NOT need to be brand new
**YOUR NAME is of VITAL importance and MUST BE PERMANENTLY and CREATIVELY (if you like) attached on ALL your art supplies, especially your Art box.
**Your Art box, Art Board (which you will get from me) and Portfolio will be kept in the Art Room